Frameworks are particularly relevant to policy and operational leads who commission, design and develop staff training. They provide a robust framework for organisations commissioned to deliver training.
The use of frameworks will:
- Support a standardised training offer
- Guide the focus and aims of training delivery
- Ensure the operational relevance of training
- Allow for greater transferability and flexibility of staff
- Improve the quality and consistency of training provision
Frameworks also support the development and planning of the current and future workforce. The capabilities can be used to support the design of roles and teams as well as assessments of competence, training needs analysis and provision of minimum standards of performance within performance management systems.